Värnamo kommuns logga
E-tjänster och blankett Mina sidor Kontakt
E-tjänster och blankett Mina sidor Kontakt Lyssna

Information till dig som flytt - refugee information

On this page, you will find useful information that can help you feel safe and get settled.

Information about residence permit with temporary protection

You are advised to visit the Swedish Migration Agency as soon as possible upon your arrival. If you are in need of for example housing, financial support, or medical care, you need to apply for a residence permit with temporary protection. If you have children with you, you will need the residence permit in order for your children to have the right to education in Sweden.

More information about the residence permit with temporary protection can be found below.

Information in english – The Swedish Migration Agency Länk till annan webbplats.

Information in ukrainian – The Swedish Migration Agency Länk till annan webbplats.

Many medcial products in Sweden can't be purchased without a valid prescription from the health services. Pharmacists in Swedish pharmacies are not permitted to issue or renew any type of prescription. If you need to get a new prescription in Sweden, go to the healthcare services. If you call the telephone number 1177, you will receive healthcare advice from a nurse and information on where you can go to receive care.

Healthcare in Sweden – rules and rights - 1177 Länk till annan webbplats.

How to seek healthcare in Sweden Länk till annan webbplats.

Medical and dental care for asylum seekers Länk till annan webbplats.

Information about Covid-19 in ukrainian Länk till annan webbplats.

The emergency number 112 is used in emergencies when there is a danger to life, property or the environment. An emergency situation is when you require urgent assistance from paramedics, emergency services, police, air/sea/mountain rescue services, priests on duty or information about poisoning. All of our SOS operators speak English and are able to conduct the conversation in English. If an interpreter is necessary, a third person will be connected to the call.

More information about the emergency number Länk till annan webbplats.

The Swedish Police Länk till annan webbplats.

Kvinnofridslinjen – A telephone hotline for women subjected to threats, violence or sexual assault Länk till annan webbplats.

Force majeure exceptions apply to pets who enter Sweden from Ukraine together with their owners. Necessary infection control measures will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.

Animals that have not been checked by customs staff must be taken to a veterinarian

Bringing a dog, cat or ferret to Sweden Länk till annan webbplats.

Children and young people that have been given temporary residence permit with temporary protection or who are asylum seekers shall be received in the school system as soon as possible with consideration taken to their personal circumstances. But they should be received no later than one month after their arrival.

Children that have turned 1 year of age has the right to attend pre-school on the same conditions as Swedish Citizens. The child is guaranteed a pre-school placement within four months.

  1. Register the child/young person as refugee with the Swedish Migration Agency (Migrationsverket)
  2. Then contact the nearest Unit for Reception in order to apply for placing in pre-school or school
  3. The child’s/young person’s level of schooling will then be surveyed by the reception unit
  4. The child/young person will be placed in a school class at a school in the commune. The placing will be, to the degree it is possible, according to the level of schooling and subsidiarity


Kontaktcenter 0370-37 70 00

Det här var kanske det du letade efter?

Hjälpte sidan dig?

Tack för att du hjälper oss förbättra webbplatsen!

Hur kan vi göra informationen bättre för dig? Webbadress till sidan bifogas i meddelandet.

Senast ändrad 22 mars 2022